Full-Time Opportunity - WDEL
The Multimedia Journalist develops, writes, produces and presents news stories across all digital platforms.
- Organizes materials, determines focus and writes stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards for online programing as directed by supervisor.
- Makes use of all available tools to generate accurate, timely and compelling content and may be required to do so with a digital-first mentality; with attention to both detail and deadlines.
- Regularly aggregates content from other sources and presents them to our audience with additional commentary or explanation as directed by supervisor.
- Presents an effective on-air delivery in a style consistent with audience expectations.
- Operates all types of broadcast equipment necessary to successfully perform those functions assigned and normally expected.
- Maintains a good level of knowledge and understanding of current events, news and social culture issues and events in order to discuss those events intelligently and credibly with guests and audience. Uses all available research tools to maintain and develop that knowledge.
- Thinks visually as well as verbally: takes photos and shoots/edits video to accompany stories.
- High School diploma and 2 years college pursuing Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, mass communications or related field is required.
- Prior on-air experience is necessary, preferably in a talk format.
- Ability to skillfully operate all types of broadcast production equipment and computer hardware and must have demonstrated experience with at least one broadcast automation format/system.
- Must have at least minimum skill in the operation of general use computer software and hardware.
- General understanding of Arbitron ratings is required.
- Team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Wishes to work in a business environment in which every employee seeks to be great every day.
Samples of your work including air checks must be submitted with application/resume - no exceptions