Full Time Opportunity with benefits
Steinman Communications is an innovative, multi-channel communications company that delivers high quality news, information, and entertainment to diverse audiences while providing significant value to our marketing and advertising partners.
This challenging yet rewarding position is housed with Lancaster County Weeklies (a Steinman Communications brand), located on Main St in Ephrata, PA. Our facility prints a variety of weekly publications and is seeking enthusiastic people who want to work in a fast paced environment. This rewarding position will place you on a team that strives to provide extraordinary results for its customers through compelling communication using talent, technology and innovation. The right talent for this position includes:
Primary responsibilities efficiently and safely maintaining and operating the stacker equipment to produce quality printed products as well as the ability to move product throughout the warehouse while operating equipment efficiently and safely, this may include locating product on the shelves and wrapping them and putting them on a delivery truck, or pulling materials off the truck and putting them in the proper shelf spot.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stacker bundles of paper on skids that come off the stacker – strap and stack bundles.
- Setting up stacker to run different size product and perform preventive maintenance.
- Empty pressroom trash cans in to dumpster and empty all paper waste bins in the balers.
- Shrink-wrap all paper waste and put in recycling truck.
- Put roll butt in waste truck when box is full.
- Bring bins of paper down from front office for baling.
- Empty the baler when full and put bale in waste truck.
- Setup skids for press run.
- Strap or wrap skids of product if necessary.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Ability to operate powered equipment; fork lift, tow motor
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required
- Maintenance experience and proficiency with non-powered hand tools.
- Prior stacker experience preferred
- The ability to obtain certification in powered equipment operation
Climate controlled indoor production environment. Must be able to reach office in all weather conditions.
Join a dynamic team in a dedicated and exciting work environment. Steinman Communications values its greatest asset – its employees - and offers a competitive wage, medical/dental/vision/Rx insurance; a 401K plan, and paid vacations & holidays.