(Seasonal) PART-TIME BUSPERSON
The Pressroom Restaurant & Bar, located in beautiful & historic downtown Lancaster, is seeking a driven and attentive Busperson to join its creative team. If you're seeking an exciting and fun opportunity, consider joining the Pressroom Restaurant staff!!
The Bus Person provides assistance to the serving staff by cleaning and properly setting the dining room to ensure an excellent dining experience for guests of the Pressroom Restaurant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to keep the dining room clean before, during and after the dining experience.
- Perform the following tasks: carry trays, clear and set tables properly, assists servers, bartenders and management in carrying food, beverages and storage items.
- Responsible for polishing and rolling silverware.
- Assist servers in bread service to the guests.
- Demonstrate positive teamwork with all staff members.
- Responsible for dining room linen and placemat laundry.
- Assist in dish room, if no dishwasher is present.
- Attend service meetings and is responsible for policy and service updates given by The Pressroom management staff.
- Performs other related duties and functions from time to time.
- Must be 18 years of age. High school diploma and minimum one-year experience in the service or hospitality industry preferred.
- Must have the ability maintain a professional and friendly demeanor while multitasking in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be customer focused with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to comprehend and take direction from management and ask questions if needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, can work irregular hours to meet customer needs.
Handle restaurant furniture, outdoor propane tank heaters and work with sharp cutlery.