The Pressroom Restaurant & Bar is excited to be adding to it's stellar staff, located in beautiful & historic downtown Lancaster apply today to be considered for the role of Part Time Line Cook, joining our creative team.
The Cook is responsible for correct food preparation and consistency, taste and plate presentation as instructed by the Executive Chef.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for correct preparation, consistency, taste and presentation of food as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Respond to food complaints by correcting errors immediately to ensure positive guest satisfaction. Works with and assists the service staff and management to achieve this result.
- Perform mainly in one or more areas (sauté, grill, pantry, pizza, prep, etc) as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Responsible to limit food waste and reports spoilage to the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Work with other team members to complete the objective with other cooks of varying levels of culinary skill and ability.
- Ensure that cleanliness and proper sanitation procedures are followed at all times as instructed. Follows HACCP guidelines for holding and serving temperatures as instructed.
- Works with purveyors on ordering and assists with checking-in deliveries and stocking.
- Assist Executive Chef with creative input and implementation for daily specials and seasonal menu changes.
- Work with the management team to enhance the goals of The Pressroom Restaurant on a daily basis. Attends kitchen staff meetings.
- A high school diploma is required with a minimum of two years experience working in a busy kitchen. A culinary degree or skilled training in the culinary field is encouraged, but not required.
- Ability to work six days per week and adjust hours to seasonal trends.
- ServSafe certification is helpful.
- Must be customer focused and have strong communication, organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software is helpful.
- Work with a variety of commercial kitchen equipment (ovens, mixers, sharp knives).
- In addition, work with basic office equipment (computers, telephones, calculators, etc.).
- Fast paced work environment, must be able to work irregular hours to meet customer needs.
Apply today for consideration of this excellent opportunity