LANCASTER COUNTY WEEKLIES
Full-Time Career Opportunity
Reporter - Sports and News (Elizabethtown Advocate)
Lancaster County Weeklies is a publisher of several weekly publications. Lancaster Farming continues to GROW with circulation of over 60,000 copies weekly, with over 160 pages of news and advertising each week and is the #1 agriculture newspaper in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our print products coupled with our website, www.LancasterFarming.com, are a leading source of news and information for the farming and Ag communities we serve. The Ephrata Review, Lititz Record and Elizabethtown Advocate are local publications offering community-specific information and the unique perspective of hometown life and we continue to grow our circulation in these areas.
We have an exciting opportunity for right individual to join our team and be part of these weekly publications as a member of our editorial team for the Elizabethtown Advocate.
Summary of responsibilities:
The Sports and News Reporter helps to produce content that reflects the sports activities of the community as well as other non-sport news features that involves the surrounding community. The primary focus will be on the sports sections, however there will be times that this role will assume the editor’s duties, requiring focus on both the news and sports.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, related field or equivalent of at least two years of professional journalism experience.
- Familiar with all digital platforms, with ability to post and edit stories, along with photographs, video and other graphic elements.
- Solid writing and editing skills, including knowledge of Associated Press style and rules of grammar.
- High attention to detail, including proofreading and fact-checking.
- Fluency in Web and social media technology.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a mixed-media team and deadline-driven environment.
- Firm grasp of sports, social and local issues, or the willingness to lean all the local community aspects.
- Sensitive to the diversity of this community.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays to cover necessary events in the sporting and local communities, outside the normal working schedule
- Wishes to work in a business environment in which every employee seeks to be great every day.
Lancaster County Weeklies parent company, Steinman Communications, seeks employees who are GREAT Every Day! We offer a competitive salary,
access to a robust benefit package, and a stable and forward moving career environment.