The Dishwasher is responsible for washing all needed restaurant items (plates, silverware, glassware, numerous kitchen items etc…) as well has keeping the kitchen, basement and delivery areas clean.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, basement floor and dock area in addition to operating the dishwasher as instructed by the Executive Chef.
· Work mainly in the dishroom area.
· Clean floors on a daily basis and removes cardboard boxes daily to the dumpster.
· Responsible for completing a list of opening and closing procedures related to cleanliness
· Clean specific equipment on a routine basis as directed by the Executive Chef.
· Complete closing procedures so that all equipment is turned off.
· Assist in stocking items, lifting and moving boxes.
· Attend kitchen staff meetings.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible. Also the employee must exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.