The Pressroom Restaurant & Bar, located in beautiful & historic downtown Lancaster is seeking an experienced Part Time Host to join its creative team.
The Host oversees the customer flow in the dining room ensuring a positive guest experience. The Hostess ensures the guests feel welcomed and that every guest who leaves the Pressroom Restaurant is satisfied.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures positive guest experience in the dining room. Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Performs the following tasks for a positive dining experience: greeting and farewell, seating, reservation system, coat assistance, etc…
- Ensures that the dining area is properly set and clean at all times.
- Assigns server sections and makes changes with the staff as needed to accommodate guest reservations.
- Fills in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations exceed customer expectations.
- Assigns a staff member to check the ladies and men’s restrooms each evening to ensure that the floor and counter is clear of debris.
- Assists and works with the management team to enhance the goals of The Pressroom Restaurant on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties and functions as required.
- Must be 18 years of age and have high school diploma and minimum one-year experience in the service or hospitality industry.
- Must have the ability maintain a professional and friendly demeanor while multitasking in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be customer focused with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to comprehend and take direction from management and ask questions if needed.
The Pressroom Restaurant and Bar is a brand of the parent company, Steinman Communications. Join us on our "Journey to the Future" by applying for this exciting opportunity today.