*** Ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years working in a Financial Analyst position.
This position is responsible for compiling and analyzing Steinman Communications short-term and long-term financial strategies, including its annual budget and forecasting processes, and assists with the department’s compilation and distribution of management reports, analysis of financial trends – including actual results against budget and forecasting.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Conducts research and financial analysis of companies, markets, customers, and technologies.
- Assists in preparing and delivering business models and financial analysis on corporate and operational projects.
- Assists in building and maintaining budgets at multiple levels ranging from departmental to business unit to operational divisions, adhering to the strategy determined by executive management.
- Monitors trends in relevant markets as well as the emerging environments to which Steinman Communications has an interest and communicates findings to management.
- Summarizes analysis, proposals, and conclusions in succinct presentations for use by line and senior management.
- Contributor in annual budget process and ongoing forecast with comparison of results, KPIs and industry benchmarks.
- Assists in developing business plans, build ROI and make vs. buy models, scenario modeling.
- Assists in sales, trend, and profitability analysis and communicate results in a clear, concise and effective manner using the most effective medium.
- Ability to prepare weekly, monthly and YTD financial forecasts by total company, and by business unit.
- Assists the budgeting, planning, and forecasting processes, utilizing the functionality of financial software. Designs and maintains reports.
- Provides analysis of current tools and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Involved in the development, use, and application of updates to the planning and forecasting software, including the maintenance of the module with the most current models, metrics, and data.
- Effectively reviews and provides an accurate, well-organized deliverable in a time-conscious fashion.
- Works closely with operational groups to develop modeling and other analysis to drive initiatives, monitor trends, identify exceptions, and determine return on investment of key business projects.
- Assists in analyzing trends in key metrics and drivers to facilitate the monthly review of actual financial results compared to the budgets and forecasts at multiple levels.
- Ability to effectively discuss financial issues, explaining analysis and supports financial tracking of key projects with a wide range of audiences.
- Continuously seeks to improve systems and processes.
- Professionally communicates, collaborates and persuades with a positive and productive disposition in a complex environment with a focus on customer service.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers and works proactively to identify and solve problems.
- Collaborates and shares knowledge across all areas of accounting and finance.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Discernment of project management, continuous improvement, and technical research principles, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to engage in the strategy and its implementation,
- Ability to work on different ERP systems and information management systems, specifically related to financial reporting and analysis.
- Very strong excel skills are a must.